What is an estate sale?
An estate sale refers to the sale of personal property, i.e. furniture, china, artwork, jewelry, household items, etc. It can involve the sale of partial or the entire contents of a household and is generally conducted within the home. On occasion the contents are at an alternate location and the sale is conducted off-site.
An estate sale may be needed after a loved one passes away, moves to an assisted living or other facility, or if one is downsizing or moving a current home as a result of divorce or some other lifestyle change.
What is the first step in the process?
Each sale is unique. First, Trésor provides you with a verbal or on-site consultation. We sit down with you to discuss your needs, and, we agree on what it is you wish to accomplish so that we may achieve your goals.
What are you fees?
Trésor Estate Sales charges a commission on what we sell. The commission ranges from 35% – 55% of the gross completed sales.
Services provided with this fee;
• Research and pricing of items.
• Advertising and marketing.
• Staging of the home.
• Staffing including security
• Coordinating the clean out of the home (if required) including items remaining from the sale.
How do you know what to charge for my items?
With over 20 years of combined experience, we have expertise in the fields of:
• Antique, modern and contemporary furnishings.
• Pottery, porcelain, glassware and fine china.
• Vintage and contemporary automobiles
• Silver and Sterling Silver
• Fine Art, sculpture and prints.
• General household goods and sports equipment.
• Vintage and modern designer fashion.
• Fine and costume jewelry.
• So much more…
We are overwhelmed by all the stuff. Is there anything I can throw away?
We advise clients not to throw anything away until they have met with us. There is truth in the adage “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure ). Virtually anything can bring revenue at your estate sale.
What if there are items we wish to keep?
When meeting with us for the first time, be clear about the items you intend to keep so there are no misunderstandings. We often recommend you remove these items and put them in a secure designated location within the house.
Why should I hire Trésor Estate Sales?
We offer experience, integrity and professionalism. We handle all the details in a friendly, discrete manner and we provide prompt payment.